Day 25. Happy Christmas!
- The best gifts cannot be bought or wrapped
- Count the memories not the presents
- Your Christmas is your Christmas. Don’t compare yourself to others
- Its OK to go off plan/schedule
- No Christmas is ‘perfect’
- You are not alone – support it available.
- You are allowed to feel any emotions on Christmas day, your feelings are always valid
- You can find happiness in the little moments, cherish them all today
- You do not have to have a home to feel at home
- Chosen families share just as much love as blood related families
- Make time for yourself today, however long or short
- You do not have to be everything for everyone
- Christmas looks different for everyone
- It is okay if it is not your favourite time of the year
- You do not have to drink to have a ‘merry’ Christmas
- Go at your own pace, it is just another day
- You are allowed to say ‘no’ or take yourself away from uncomfortable stations
- You are loved
- Check in on anyone who might be struggling or lonely today
- Put your phone down
- Take it all in
- Good things happen when we least expect
- Talk if you are struggling – tell someone. They DO care.
- You are enough
- Christmas is about love, kindness, giving and joy. Do whatever makes you SHINE.
Be kind, spread love, and have fun.
If you need support, helplines are still open today, see here.
In the case of an emergency, you can contact the police, ambulance or fire service on 999.