Activities to keep you entertained while at home
PE with Joe Wicks
There’s no need for any equipment with Joe’s lessons designed to be done in living rooms using only bodyweight. Joe’s sessions will provide relief for parents who are indoors with children all day while they’re off school.
Taking to Instagram last week, Joe said: “It’s called PE with Joe. It’s a workout specifically designed for children because when the schools are closed there is no PE. “Don’t worry I’ve got you, I’m going to take this over and get your children moving and feeling energised, positive, optimistic”
Stuff on offer
- From celebrities reading stories to art classes on Insta – and
- until 30th June, Minecraft has some free content!
Become a DJ!
- Become a DJ from your phone with these free DJ apps
- Audible has made many books available for free including books by David Walliams.
Start a film club
- Watch movies with your friends on Google Hangouts / Zoom. Pick a different film each week – you could even start a vlog of your reviews.
- There’s also Netflix Party, which you can use to watch Netflix shows at the same time as your friends.
Become a tech genius!
- Check out Geek Gurl Diaries for all stuff tech.
See the universe!
- Explore the world with a virtual tour of the Great Wall of China .
- Or, go to another world and experience a virtual tour of Mars!
Learn a new language
Rosetta Stone are offering three months free to learn a new language.
Become a quiz master
- Make up a quiz and invite your friends to a Zoom / Hangouts to play. Something simple like Survey Monkey will do.
Write a short story
- Want to be the next David Walliams or JK Rowling. All you need is a pen and paper!
Become a rock star!
- Learn an instrument – and if you don’t have one, download a free piano app on your phone.
Retro games night
- Have a dig through your cupboards and find some old board games – and challenge your family to a games night!