Complain about the Chief Constable
- If you would like to complain about the Chief Constable please contact Julia Mulligan
- As Police and Crime Commissioner, it is Julia’s job to hold the Chief Constable to account regarding complaints.
Complaints against Chief Constable Lisa Winward:
There have been no recorded complaints against Chief Constable Lisa Winward since her appointment on 17 August 2018.
Complaints against former Chief Constable Dave Jones:
Julia Mulligan has received 22 potential complaints against the Chief Constable, Dave Jones, since his appointment in June 2013. Six of those have been appropriately recorded as actual complaints.
There were no substantiated complaints against the Chief Constable Dave Jones during his tenure.
- 16 were not recorded as they fell outside the definition of being a complaint
- Two were recorded and then dis-applied (meaning a complaint was recorded but discharged because they did not meet the requirements for any further action to be taken)
- Two were was recorded as a complaint and resolved via Local Resolution
- Two were investigated independently and found that the Chief Constable had no case to answer
For a complaint to be recorded it must fall within the description of complaints specified by the Police (Complaints and Misconduct) Regulations 2012 at paragraph 3(2)(c), and where complaints do not fall within these descriptions there is no requirement for them to be recorded. Some complaints are required to be recorded but no action is required to be taken in respect of them for example due to being repetitious, these types of complaints can be dis-applied. This information will be updated every six months.
Updated 13 September 2018