Public accountability meeting – 28 September 2021
On this page
This month’s meeting focuses on:
- North Yorkshire Police – Rural Crime
Exploring how North Yorkshire Police works to address rural crimes and mitigate the impact of Covid 19 during and after the lifting of lockdown.
- North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service – Culture, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Creating a positive culture and workplace that recognises and realises the benefits of equality, diversity and inclusion.
Ask your question on this month’s hot topics
The full procedure for asking questions at this meeting is available here: Procedure for public questions
- To ask a question in advance
Send your question to email@example.com before the day of the meeting. Please include your name and address with your question.
- To ask a question during the meeting using Twitter
To ask a question during the live broadcast, post your question on Twitter using #NYscrutiny
- Not all questions may be able to be used, but they will inform the Commissioner’s questioning and the general discussion.
- Chair – Philip Allott – North Yorkshire Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner
- Lisa Winward – NYP Chief Constable
- Jonathan Foster – NYFRS Interim Chief Fire Officer
- Phil Cain – NYP Deputy Chief Constable
- Jonathan Dyson, NYFRS Interim Deputy Chief Fire Officer
- Simon Dennis – Chief Executive Officer, OPFCC
- Thomas Thorp – Interim Assistant Chief Executive, OPFCC
- Caroline Blackburn – Interim Assistant Chief Executive, OPFCC
- Peter Mountain – Policy & Scrutiny Manager, OPFCC
- Mark Pannone – NYP Assistant Chief Constable
- Alex Butterfield – NYP Chief Inspector Specialist Operations
- Chris Neal – NYRFS Group Manager
- Emily May Williams – NYFRS Crew Manager
- Nikki Wilson – EnableNY Talent Acquisition Partner
- Rebecca Power – EnableNY Associate Business Partner
- Chief Inspector Specialist Operations – Alex Butterfield
- Assistant Chief Constable – Mark Pannone
- Interim Chief Fire Officer – Jonathan Foster
- NYRFS Group Manager – Chris Neal
- NYFRS Crew Manager – Emily May Williams
- EnableNY Talent Acquisition Partner – Nikki Wilson
- EnableNY Associate Business Partner – Rebecca Power
- Interim Deputy Chief Fire Officer – Jonathan Dyson
|1||13:30||Attendance and introductions||Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner|
|2||13:32||Minutes of previous meeting and Actions||All|
|3||13:42||Public questions||Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner|
|4||13:50||Rural Crime Presentation||Police|
|6||15:05||Culture, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Presentation||Fire|
|8||15:55||Public questions||Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner|
|9||16:00||Any other business||All|
|10||16:00||Date of next Meeting||26th October 2021|
- 4. Rural Crime Presentation – Police
- 5. Performance Report Police – Operational and FCR Final – August 2021
- 6. Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Presentation – Fire
- 7. NYFRS – Performance Update – September 2021
Q1 – Motorcycles – exhaust noise problems
- What are the police doing to stop excessive motorcycle exhaust noise in the Yorkshire Dales?
Q2 – Community Speed Watch – Whitley
- Are we able to have community speed watch and the safety camera van visiting our village?
Q3 – Motorists “Flashing” to avoid the Camera Safety Van – Whitley
Motorists are warning each other by flashing their lights when the Safety Camera Van is in our village.
- Is this against the law?
- What can the police and Commissioner do to stop this?
Q4 – Wildlife crime
- How do you police fox hunting and illegal fox hunting, is there a dedicated officer assigned to this role?
- Do the police have a wildlife crime officer?
- YouTube : https://youtu.be/RO00_rDP_Qc
- Commissioner’s website: http://bit.ly/PAM28Sept2021