Public accountability meeting – 29 March 2022
This month’s meeting focuses on:
- North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service – Risk Profile – Understanding current and future risks and their potential impact on the people, who visit, live and work in our county, to decide how we best use our resources to deliver our services; from preventing incidents to emergency response.
- North Yorkshire Police – Custody Process – Understanding the process in custody, how the police assess risks to respond to mental health needs and prevent any harm.
Ask your question on this month’s hot topics
The full procedure for asking questions at this meeting is available here: Procedure for public questions
- To ask a question in advance
Send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org before the day of the meeting. Please include your name and address with your question.
- To ask a question during the meeting using Twitter
To ask a question during the live broadcast, post your question on Twitter using #NYscrutiny
- Not all questions may be able to be used, but they will inform the Commissioner’s questioning and the general discussion.
- Chair – Simon Dennis – Chief Executive Officer, Office of the PFCC
- Lisa Winward – Chief Constable, North Yorkshire Police
- Jonathan Foster – Interim Chief Fire Officer, North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Mabs Hussain – Deputy Chief Constable, North Yorkshire Police
- Jonathan Dyson – Interim Deputy Chief Fire Officer, North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Lindsey Butterfield – Assistant Chief Constable, North Yorkshire Police
- Mark Pannone – Assistant Chief Constable, North Yorkshire Police
- Simon Williamson – Chief Inspector, North Yorkshire Police
- Thomas Thorp – Interim Assistant Chief Executive, Office of the PFCC
- Caroline Blackburn – Interim Assistant Chief Executive, Office of the PFCC
- Jenni Newberry – Head of Commissioning & Partnerships, Office of the PFCC
- Peter Mountain – Policy & Scrutiny Manager, Office of the PFCC
- Dave Winspear – Area Manager and Director of Capabilities, North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Phil Whild – Area Manager and Director of Transformation, North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Dave Winspear
- Phil Whild
- Dave Winspear
- Simon Williamson
- Lindsey Butterfield
|1||13:30||Welcome; Apologies; Minutes from the previous meeting & Actions||Chair|
|4||14:15||Presentation Question Time||All|
|7||15:15||Presentation Question Time||All|
|9||15:55||Questions from the Public||Chair|
|10||16:00||A.O.B & Date of next Meeting||Tuesday 26 April 2022|
- 3.Community Risk Profile for NYFRS
- 5.NYFRS Performance report – March 2022
- 6.Custody Processes Presentation – Police
- 8.Performance Report – North Yorkshire Police
- Ms Hobson – Seized mobile phones and laptops
How long does North Yorkshire Police take to process a mobile phone or laptop? The receipt for the device says it may be held up to six months however I have now been told this may be up to 10 months. The delay is causing stress.
I understand that West Yorkshire Police have got their return time down to about a month.
What are North Yorkshire Police doing to improve the return time of devices, especially in cases where no further action is taken?
- Ms Protheroe – Custody booking in process
Please could you clarify if a person, who has been detained at custody, is allowed to inform someone of their whereabouts? If so, are they allowed access to their mobile phone to do so? Not many people know phone numbers off by heart now that we live in a technological world.
- YouTube : https://youtu.be/5ecT-1HSqvo
- Commissioner’s website: https://bit.ly/PAM29March2022