Public accountability meeting – 24 April 2018 – Crime recording
This month’s meeting focuses on Crime recording
In February, following HMICFRS Crime Data Integrity report which found that 80 per cent of all crime was being recorded by North Yorkshire Police, Julia asked the Chief Constable to make improvements ‘as a matter of urgency’. This meeting will focus on the work has been carried out on improving crime recording in North Yorkshire.
Ask a question
The full procedure for asking questions at this meeting is available here: Procedure for public questions
- To ask a question in advance
Send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org before midday on Friday 20 April, please include your name and address with your question.
- To ask a question during the meeting using Twitter
To ask a question during the live broadcast, post your question on Twitter using #NYPscrutiny
|No.||Time||Click to watch||Purpose||Lead|
|1||13:30||Attendance and apologies||PCC|
|2||13:35||Minutes of previous meeting||To discuss and agree the draft minutes of the previous meeting held on 27 March 2018 and to discuss the action log.||ALL|
|3||13:35||Questions from the public||To address questions raised by the public in advance in relation to the agenda||PCC|
|4||13:45||Crime recording||Main presentation and discussion.|
|5||14:20||Policing update – Kirby Misperton||To provide an overview of the policing operation||T/ACC|
|6||14:30||Performance / Outcome Updates||Performance and outcome updates||DCC|
|7||14:45||Calls for service – 101||Improving customer service via 101 & 999||DCC|
|8||15:00||Forward Planner||To discuss proposed discussion items for future meetings||ALL|
|9||15:10||Questions on Twitter||To address questions raised by the public during the meeting in relation to the agenda||PCC / CC|
|10||15:20||Any other business||ALL|
|11||Date of Next Meeting||24 April 2018 at 13:30hrs, on the topic of Crime and data integrity|
- 2a Draft minutes of the Public Accountability Meeting 27 March 2018
- 2b Public Accountability Meeting Action Log 24 April 2018
- 4 – Crime recording
- 5 – Policing update – Kirby Misperton
- 6 – Performance update
- 7 – Calls for service 101 and 999
Questions from members of the public:
Please can you submit the following questions to the panel:
- What is the Police and Crime Commissioner’s response to the fact that the PEEL Annual Assessment for 2017 shows a marked decrease in performance by North Yorkshire Police compared to 2015 and 2016.
- Why has the 2017 PEEL Annual Assessment not been commented on on the North Yorkshire Police website or the Police and Crime Commissioner’s website.
- Does the Police and Crime Commissioner acknowledge that her statement that the failures identified in the HMICFRS CDI Inspection related to recording and did not impact victims was wrong.
Would the meeting direct Police and Crime Commissioner Mulligan to:
- Respond to my correspondence.
- Issue a statement correcting the misleading statements she has previously issued on HMICFRS Inspections.
- Issue a statement acknowledging that the PEEL Annual Assessment for 2017 shows a marked decrease in performance by North Yorkshire Police compared to 2015 and 2016.
I thank you in anticipation of your assistance in this request.
Yours faithfully, Tim Hicks, Crime Reporter, North Yorks Enquirer