1 November 2016 – 672.2016-17 – Appointment of Deputy PCC
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUEST REFERENCE NO: 672.2016-17
I write in connection with your request for information which was received by the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner on 12 October 2016. I note you seek access to the following information:
APPOINTMENT OF DEPUTY PCC FOR NORTH YORKSHIRE
Please provide following information:
1. Where was job advertised?
2. How much spent on advertising?
3. How many people applied?
4. Who selected shortlist?
5. How many interviewed?
6. Who on interview panel?
7. Did any panel member know any candidates?
8. Did any panel members recuse themselves on grounds of lack of independence?
Extent and Result of Searches to Locate Information
To locate the information relevant to your request searches were conducted within the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner (OPCC).
I can confirm that the information you have requested is held.
I have today decided to disclose the located information to you.
1) The role of the Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner was advertised on the North Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner website and the Guardian newspaper website.
2) There was £900 (inclusive of VAT) spent on advertising the role of the North Yorkshire Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner.
3) There were 16 people who applied for the job role.
4) A Shortlisting Panel selected the shortlist of candidates.
5) There were 4 people who were offered an interview, 2 of whom withdrew prior to attending the interview, 2 people were interviewed.
6) The Interview Panel consisted of the following people; The North Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) Julia Mulligan, the Interim Chief Executive Officer to the PCC for North Yorkshire Fraser Sampson, the Chief Executive Officer to the PCC for Cleveland Simon Dennis and an Independent Panel Member from City of York Council Cllr Keith Aspden.
Further information can be found upon the “Report of the North Yorkshire Police and Crime Panel to the North Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner Confirmation Hearing for the Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner” at the following hyperlink;
Please note that systems used for recording information are not generic, nor are the procedures used locally in capturing the data. It should be noted therefore that this force’s response to your questions should not be used for comparison purposes with any other responses you may receive.
Your attention is drawn to the attached sheet which details your right of complaint.
If you have any queries concerning this request, please contact me quoting the reference number above.