12 April 2016 – 975.2015-16 – Freedom of information request – Complaints against the Chief Constable
- Please disclose the number of complaints, both recorded/non-recorded, made against Chief Constable Dave Jones in the past year (16.01.2015 to 16.01.2016)
- How many of the complaints met the Independent Police Complaints Commission referral criteria
- How many times have you referred Chief Constable Dave Jones to the Independent Police Complaints Commission
- What was the outcome of each referral
- What was the nature of each of the complaints against Chief Constable Dave Jones
- What was the outcome of each of the complaints
I have today decided to disclose the located information to you.
There have been no substantiated complaints against the Chief Constable since his appointment to office in June 2013. Eleven complaints have been received by the Police and Crime Commissioner, of which nine were not recorded as complaints because they did not fall within the description of complaints specified by the Police (Complaints and Misconduct) Regulations 2012 at paragraph 3(2)(c), and where complaints do not fall within these descriptions there is no requirement for them to be recorded. Two complaints were investigated independently and found that the Chief Constable had no case to answer. There have been no referrals to the Independent Police Complaints Commissioner.
Please note that systems used for recording information are not generic, nor are the procedures used locally in capturing the data. It should be noted therefore that this force’s response to your questions should not be used for comparison purposes with any other responses you may receive.