8 December 2017 – 0865.2017-18 – Joint Independent Audit Committee
You are requested to disclose the following information under the Freedom of Information Act. The questions relate to the Joint Independent Audit Committee (JIAC) and cover (a) the financial year 2016/17 and (b) the current financial year to date 2017/18.
1. How, where, and when (how many days prior) are the meetings of JIAC are publicised?
2. How many members of the public attended JIAC meetings during the two financial periods, broken down by meeting?
3. How many accredited members of the press attended JIAC meetings during the two financial periods, broken down by meeting?
4. On the occasions that (i) the chief constable (ii) the PCC did not attend the JIAC meeting, the reason given for their apology for absence.
For the avoidance of doubt, a search has been made of the PCC’s website under ‘Events’ and ‘Julia’s Diary’ and no reference to JIAC meetings can be located.
Extent and Result of Searches to Locate Information
To locate the information relevant to your request searches were conducted within the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for North Yorkshire (OPCC).
I can confirm that part of the information you have requested is held by the OPCC.
I have today decided to disclose the located information to you.
1) The Joint Independent Audit Committee (JIAC) meeting dates are publicised within the JIAC meeting minutes as final items upon the North Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner website.
The 2018 meeting dates will be agreed at the forthcoming December meeting and published thereafter once confirmed.
2) No recorded information is held in order to answer this part of your request in relation to the attendance of members of the public.
3) No recorded information is held in order to answer this part of your request in relation to the attendance of accredited members of the press.
4) The JIAC is an independent body of which the Chief Constable and the Police and Crime Commissioner are not members. They do have an open invitation to all meetings and attend when they deem it appropriate to do so. There is no reason recorded for their non-attendances.
Please note that systems used for recording information are not generic, nor are the procedures used locally in capturing the data. It should be noted therefore that this force’s response to your questions should not be used for comparison purposes with any other responses you may receive.