Invitations to hospitality events whilst attending the ESS.
Our Ref: Our Ref: NY6313 - 24 September 2021
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUEST REFERENCE NO: NY6313
I write in connection with your request for information that was received by the Office of the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner for North Yorkshire (OPFCC) on 21st August 2021. Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in response.
I note you seek access to the following information:
It is understood that commercial providers of goods and equipment to fire and rescue services are offering hospitality to officers, elected members and fire service staff during the period of the Emergency Services Show (ESS) at the NEC, 7-8 September 2021.
Please provide the following information regarding invitations to hospitality events whilst attending the ESS. Such hospitality is understood to include: lunches/dinners, hotels, transport costs, golf sessions etc.
1) what invitations have been received by commercial companies for Officers or Members of your Fire and Rescue Service to attended hospitality events funded by the company during the period of the above Emergency Services Show?
2) what invitations referred to in 1 above have been accepted by officers or Members of your Fire and Rescue Service?
3) please provide the name of the commercial company and the hospitality event to which each invitation relates to?
4) what is the estimated individual value of each hospitality event to which officers or Members have been invited to participate in?
5) please provide a copy of your Fire and Rescue Authority receipt of hospitality policy.
Extent and Result of Searches to Locate Information
To locate the information relevant to your request searches were conducted within the OPFCC.
I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by the OPFCC.
I have today decided to disclose the located information to you.
- I can confirm no invitations have been received by commercial companies for Officers or Members of the North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service to attend hospitality events funded by the company during the period of the above Emergency Services Show
- I can confirm no invitations referred to in 1 above have been accepted by Officers or Members of the North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service
- This is not applicable
- This is not applicable
- Please now find attached the latest version of the North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service hospitality policy. Please note this was reviewed January 2019 and the next review of this policy is due January 2024
Please note that systems used for recording information are not generic, nor are the procedures used locally in capturing the data. It should be noted therefore that the OPFCC’s response to your questions should not be used for comparison purposes with any other responses you may receive.