Commissioner Zoë advertises for Chief Fire Officer for North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service
North Yorkshire is one of only four Services under the Commissioner model and in shared governance arrangements with the Police, bringing unique opportunities to drive collaboration and change.
The Service has an ambitious programme of transformational change and collaboration already underway, making this an exciting time to join and lead the Service as Chief Fire Officer. Not only will you have the opportunity to shape your senior leadership team, but you will also engage, influence and shape the future delivery of the Service to ensure our communities remain some of the safest in which to live and work. This includes embedding the work of our shared enabling services across Fire, Police and the OPFCC through Enable North Yorkshire.
If you’re the person we’re looking for, you’ll have:
- The leadership style that motivates and inspires those around you, building confidence, trust and stability amongst the workforce.
- An authentic and engaging communication style, with the ability to build and maintain strong working partnerships both inside the service and across the partnership landscape
- You will value and not discourage difference, with a passion and commitment to drive forward transformation in respect of equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) priorities.
- You will have the determination and passion to see through your vision for the Service providing clarity to all.
- Experience of leading complex transformational change programmes and will thrive on achieving results through teamwork.
Applicants must currently operate at competent Assistant Chief Fire Officer level (or local equivalent) or above and display strong evidence of operating at a strategic level within a Fire and Rescue Service. The provision of Incident Command leadership is essential, and applicants must currently operate at Strategic Commander level or equivalent to apply.
Applicants are also required to evidence relevant academic achievement or to demonstrate equivalent experience.
Please see the Chief Fire Officer – Recruitment Pack for further details.
- Annual Salary: £128,647 to £136,250, inclusive of operational allowance
- Location: North Yorkshire, including Headquarters in Northallerton
- Application closing date: Monday 11 April, 9am
- Familiarisation Event
To learn more about the Chief Fire Officer role, please join us for an online familiarisation event on Tuesday 22nd March 11:30-13:00 via MS Teams.
Please email PFCCexecutivesupport@northyorkshire-pfcc.gov.uk to book your place.
- For an informal conversation
If you would like an informal conversation about this opportunity with Zoë Metcalfe, Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner, please email PFCC Executive Support on PFCCexecutivesupport@northyorkshire-pfcc.gov.uk.
- Chief Fire Officer Recruitment Pack and Role profile
Chief Fire Officer – Recruitment Pack and Role Profile
- To apply and for more information
Visit: North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service Recruitment Website