Your Commissioner - Your Voice

Commissioner Zoë can ask questions on your behalf in her Online Public Meeting with the Chief Constable or Chief Fire Officer. Ask your question and find out more.

Dash camera appeals 2022 – 2023

Information not held

Our Ref: Our Ref: NY8333 - Date: 14.03.2023


I write in connection with your request for information that was received by the Office of the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner for North Yorkshire (OPFCC) on 14 March 2023.

I note you seek access to the following information:

I would like to request the following information:

How many dash camera appeals have there been in 2022 – 2023?

Extent and Result of Searches to Locate Information

To locate the information relevant to your request searches were conducted within the OPFCC.

I wish to advise you that there is no information held by the OPFCC in order to answer your request.

This is because this information is held by North Yorkshire Police.

You can search for information/data/statistics or submit a Freedom of Information request in relation to North Yorkshire Police on the below link:

Please note that systems used for recording information are not generic, nor are the procedures used locally in capturing the data. It should be noted therefore that the OPFCC’s response to your questions should not be used for comparison purposes with any other responses you may receive.

Complaint Rights

Your attention is drawn to the attached sheet which details your right of complaint.

If you have any queries concerning this request, please contact me quoting the reference number above.

Yours sincerely

Tina James-McGrath
Office of the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner, North Yorkshire


Are you unhappy with how your request has been handled or do you think the decision is incorrect?

You have the right to request that the Office of the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner for North Yorkshire (OPFCC) reviews their decision.

Prior to lodging a formal complaint you are welcome and encouraged to discuss the decision with the case officer that dealt with your request.

Ask to have the decision looked at again –

The quickest and easiest way to have the decision looked at again is to telephone the case officer that is nominated at the end of your decision letter.

That person will be able to discuss the decision, explain any issues and assist with any problems.


If you are dissatisfied with the handling procedures or the decision the OPFCC made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the Act) regarding access to information, you can lodge a complaint with the OPFCC to have the decision reviewed.  The OPFCC must be notified of your intention to complain within 2 months of the date of its response to your Freedom of Information request.  Complaints should be made in writing and addressed to:

Office of the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner

12 Granby Road



In all possible circumstances the OPFCC will aim to respond to your complaint as soon as practicable but within 20 working days.

The Information Commissioner

After lodging a complaint with the OPFCC if you are still dissatisfied with the decision you may make application to the Information Commissioner for a decision on whether the request for information has been dealt with in accordance with the requirements of the Act.

For information on how to make application to the Information Commissioner please visit their website at Alternatively, phone: 0303 123 1113 or write to:

Information Commissioner’s Office

Wycliffe House

Water Lane