Independent Audit Committee Meetings (IAC & JIAC)
Our Ref: Our Ref: NY8248 - Date: 10.03.2023
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUEST REFERENCE NO: NY8248
I write in connection with your request for information that was received by the Office of the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner for North Yorkshire (OPFCC). 2 February 2023. Please accept our apologies for the delay in providing you with a response.
I note you seek access to the following information:
May I ask the following in the interests of transparency
- That you revise the format of your agenda so you have a column that says attached, to follow, verbal or confidential?
- As the meetings are supposed to be public, although the barriers are impossibly high, should not the supposed confidential items be at the end?
- Please for the meetings this financial year, provide me with a copy of all the supposedly confidential reports, redacted if you feel the need ( information governance?? )
- Please also this FY provide me with all the reports presented but neither attached not verbal
- Please provide the link to the teams recording and how long you retain these for.
- Please provide the terms served by each of the audit cttee members and their expected terms.
- Please provide the HSE notice of contravention issued August 21
Extent and Result of Searches to Locate Information
To locate the information relevant to your request searches were conducted within the OPFCC.
I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by the OPFCC.
I have today decided to disclose the located information to you.
- As explained in the letter of 10 February a report will shortly go to the IAC and JIAC inviting the Committees to reflect on transparency practice and decide whether they wish to make any changes. This report will be published and is therefore s22 exempt.
We would like to thank you for your suggestion and appreciate the time taken to bring this to our attention.
- As explained in the letter of 10 February, the barriers are not impossibly high. As noted above, a report will shortly go to the IAC and JIAC inviting the Committees to reflect on transparency practice and decide whether they wish to make any changes. This report will be published and is therefore s22 exempt.
We would also like to thank you for your suggestion and appreciate the time taken to bring this to our attention.
- In response to your request for the confidential reports submitted to Fire IAC during financial year 2022 / 2023, please now find attached:
- H&S Statistics for North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service
- Submitted to the Fire IAC meeting 29.11.2022
- In response to your request for all reports presented but neither attached nor verbal submitted to Fire IAC during the financial year 2022 / 2023, confirmation of any such reports is awaited and a further update to this Freedom of Information response will be provided once this is received. Apologies for any inconvenience at this time
- In terms of the length of retention of meeting recording, this is in line with our Records Management and Retention & Destruction of Documents policies which can be found on our website as per the below link:
- The term for each IAC member (including the Chair), is for 4 years with the option to extend by a further 4 years.
Chair – Joanne Gleeson: Term to date 1 year
Vice Chair – Roman Pronyszyn: Term to date 1 year
Stuart Green: Term to date 1 year
David O’ Brien: Term to date 4 years
- Please now find enclosed a copy of the HSE Notice of Contravention issued August 2021
Please note that systems used for recording information are not generic, nor are the procedures used locally in capturing the data. It should be noted therefore that the OPFCC’s response to your questions should not be used for comparison purposes with any other responses you may receive.
Your attention is drawn to the attached sheet which details your right of complaint.
If you have any queries concerning this request, please contact me quoting the reference number above.
Office of the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner, North Yorkshire