Vehicle crime in the UK (by local authority area)
Our Ref: NY7888 - 8 July 2022
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUEST REFERENCE NO: NY7888
I write in connection with your request for information that was received by the Office of the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner for North Yorkshire (OPFCC) on 5th July 2022.
I note you seek access to the following information:
I would like to request the following data, broken out by calendar year (and local authority location if possible), for the past 10 years starting with 2022 if available:
- What are the most commonly stolen car parts from the vehicles in the UK (by local authority area).
- The total number of reports of stolen car parts from the vehicles in the UK (by local authority area).
- What are the most commonly stolen items from within the vehicles in the UK (by local authority area).
- The total number of vehicle break ins reported in the UK (by local authority area).
- The total number of vehicles stolen according to police definition (by local authority area).
- The number of convictions from vehicles stolen according to police definition (by local authority area).
Extent and Result of Searches to Locate Information
To locate the information relevant to your request searches were conducted within the OPFCC.
I wish to advise you that there is no information held by the OPFCC in order to answer your request.
This is because this information is held by North Yorkshire Police in relation to the North Yorkshire area.
The information you are looking for may be found at the below North Yorkshire Police Website:
Alternatively, you can also submit a Freedom of Information request to North Yorkshire Police for the above information if required using the below link:
Please note that systems used for recording information are not generic, nor are the procedures used locally in capturing the data. It should be noted therefore that the OPFCC’s response to your questions should not be used for comparison purposes with any other responses you may receive.
Your attention is drawn to the attached sheet which details your right of complaint.
If you have any queries concerning this request, please contact me quoting the reference number above.
Office of the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner, North Yorkshire