Public encouraged to get involved in Commissioner’s Public Accountability meeting – 23 February
The meeting will focus on how the police approach to dealing with stalking and harassment and how the fire service define and manage risk.
It will also provide the opportunity for questions about these topics.
Public accountability meetings are broadcast live online with members of the public invited to send in their questions before or during the session.
The meeting on Tuesday 23 February, will start at 1.30pm and will focus on:
- North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service – Defining and managing risk
An update on the development of a community risk profile for the county, to help understand the risks facing our communities in order to target activities effectively.
- North Yorkshire Police – Stalking
An insight into North Yorkshire Police’s approach to dealing with stalking and harassment, to understand the recording, investigation process and hear about the services to support victims and reduce reoffending.
As well as watching the live broadcast, the public are also invited to ask their questions, relevant to the discussion, during the meetings via Twitter by including #NYscrutiny in their tweets.
Commenting on the public meetings, Julia said:
“These meetings give members of the public and staff the opportunity to understand the performance of both services and hear what they are doing to keep us safe and feeling safe.
“I encourage everyone to join in and watch, and if you have a question, please ask it.”
The agenda, along with presentations and reports are available on the Commissioner’s website here: http://bit.ly/PAM23Feb2021
To ask a question on this month’s hot topics:
- In advance of the meeting, please send your question to email@example.com please include your name and address with your question.
- To ask a question during the meeting using Twitter, include #NYscrutiny in your tweet.
To watch the live broadcast
- Watch on our website: http://bit.ly/PAM23Feb2021
- Watch on YouTube: https://youtu.be/kDtsucYByA0
- Follow us on Twitter @northyorkspfcc and look for #NYscrutiny