Have your say in Commissioner Zoë’s January Public Accountability Meetings
As well as receiving the latest updates from North Yorkshire Police and North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service, there will be a focus on the progress made following last year’s HMICFRS inspection of the fire service and managing offenders from the police.
Broadcast live online, the meetings aim to make the emergency services more accessible and anyone with questions can submit them in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Commissioner Zoë said:
“I always want to make sure I am asking the questions you want answers to, which is why these Public Accountability Meetings are so important.
“They allow me to find out more about the work of the police and fire and rescue service, and put the focus on topics which are important to residents and businesses across York and North Yorkshire.
“Please join us to watch either live or at any time after on the website.”
The agenda, along with presentations and reports, are available on the Commissioner’s website where you can also find details on how to watch live and submit a question or catch-up after the meeting.
The focus of this month’s meetings:
12:30pm – 2:00pm – North Yorkshire Police
Offender Management – Update on how the police are working with offenders to reduce reoffending or prevent offending in the first place.
2:30-4:00pm – North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service
HMICFRS report – North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service’s response to the findings of the recent inspection report. This inspection was undertaken by His Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire and Rescue Services (HMICFRS) in May 2022 and provides an assessment of the Service’s effectiveness, efficiency and how well they look after their people.
- Watch on YouTube: https://youtu.be/xRdv7TfMqgY
- Agenda and papers: https://bit.ly/PAMJan2023
- The HMICFRS report along with media release is available on our website: Commissioner Zoë responds to HMICFRS’s latest report on North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service – Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner North Yorkshire (northyorkshire-pfcc.gov.uk)
To ask a question on this month’s hot topics:
- In advance of the meeting, please send your question to email@example.com please include your name and address with your question.
- To ask a question during the meeting using Twitter, include #NYscrutiny in your tweet, follow us at @northyorkspfcc.
- 23 February 2023
Topics to be confirmed
- 23 March 2023
Topics to be confirmed