Subject access requests

Find out how to request any information we hold about you.

Make a subject access request

Under the Data Protection Act 2018, individuals have the right to obtain:

  • confirmation that their data is being processed;
  • access to their personal data; and
  • other supplementary information – this largely corresponds to the information that should be provided in a privacy notice

Should an individual wish to know what information (if any) the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner for North Yorkshire holds about them, then a request can be made in writing to the Office of the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner, 12 Granby Road, Harrogate, HG1 4ST.  Any queries about Subject Access requests should be directed to that address, or via email to

We will process these requests in accordance with the Subject Access Procedure.

Your request will be processed within one month of receipt of a valid request.

Where requests are complex, or numerous, then your request may be extended by a further two months, but you will be advised if this is necessary.

If the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive we may charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or refuse to respond.  If we refuse your request we will explain the reasons why and inform you of your rights to complain.

Requests in relation to children

Children aged 13 or over are able provide their own consent, therefore they will be able to make their own subject access request.  For children under this age, you will need to provide proof of parental responsibility if you are requesting information on behalf of your child.