Apply for the Community Fund
The fund is only available for new projects led by people based or operating solely or mainly within North Yorkshire and the City of York.
The Community Fund now incorporates the Police Property Fund.
The Community Fund has awarded £1,643,886 to support 221 local projects all of whom are helping to make their communities safer.
Funds from £500 up to £20,000 can be awarded for specific projects that support communities within North Yorkshire to “Be Safe and Feel Safe”, including:
- Diversionary activities for children and young people
- Promoting safety and reducing the fear of crime and anti-social behaviour
- Support for victims
- Improving community cohesion
- Preventing crime and anti-social behaviour
- Supporting the purchase of specific pieces of equipment in key community locations
Contingency Plans During On-going CoVid-19 situation
We want to support you to try and continue to deliver projects, with work-arounds if at all possible. Within your application form, please identify your alternative arrangements and / or business continuity plans during CoVid-19, plus any support you may require in order to achieve this. Please don’t hesitate to contact us on the details below if you have any queries surrounding this.
- Community Fund application form
- Community Fund – Application guidance notes – December 2020
- To speak to someone about the Community Fund, call 01423 569 562.
|Quarter||Quarter Time Period||Submission Deadline||Panel Decision meeting|
|1 (21-22)||April – June 2021||4.00pm 29 April||20-May-21|
|2 (21-22)||July – September 2021||4.00pm 29 July||19-Aug-21|
|3 (21-22)||October – December 2021||4.00pm 28 October||18-Nov-21|
|4 (21-22)||January – March 2022||4.00pm 27 January 2022||17-Feb-22|
Community Fund summary
- 2013/14 – £254,735 awarded to 29 projects
- 2014/15 – £235,904 awarded to 31 projects
- 2015/16 – £260,381 awarded to 31 projects
- 2016/17 – £252,132 awarded to 29 projects
- 2017/18 – £177,361 awarded to 24 projects
- 2018/19 – £116,053 awarded to 19 projects
- 2019/20 – £185,863 awarded to 28 projects
- 2020/21 – £161,457 awarded to 20 projects, so far
The Community Fund has awarded £1,643,886 to support 221 local projects
Police property fund
Each year, North Yorkshire Police seizes property as part of criminal investigations, or confiscates property by order of court. Although we make every possible attempt to return items to their rightful owners, this isn’t always possible.
Thanks to the Police (Disposal of Property) Regulations 1975, if no one has claimed ownership of the property we have seized, we can auction it, and use the money to give funding to community and voluntary initiatives in North Yorkshire – particularly projects which could have a positive impact on reducing crime and disorder at a local level.
The Chief Constable of North Yorkshire Police and the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner have identified an additional £25,000.00 for the Community Fund annual budget to support smaller, community based projects using the proceeds from this funding.