DN 05/2020 2020/21 Police Budget, Medium Term Financial Plan and Associated Papers
DN 05/2020 Date 25/02/2020
This Decision Notice concludes the budget process and the papers attached to the proposal provide the detail of the financial plans for North Yorkshire Police for 2020/21 to 2023/24.
This Decision Notice outlines the Commissioner’s Police Budget and Capital Plans for 2020/21 and the Medium Term Financial Plans to 2023/24, fulfilling the Commissioner’s statutory duty to set a budget prior to the 1st March for the following financial year.
The Revenue Budget for 2020/21 is based on the approved £10 increase in precept for a Band D property for 2020/21 and sets out how the £177,224k of revenue funding to be received by the Commissioner in 2020/21 will be spent. The decision also sets out a capital programme of just under £9.5m for 2020/21 and provides details of how this will be spent.
To support this decision are the following attached papers:
- 2020-21 Budget and Capital Programme and MTFP to 2023-24 (Police)
- This report includes the Reserves Strategy at Appendix B
- Annual Treasury Management Strategy (Police)
- This report includes the Annual Investment Strategy and the Capital Strategy
- Minimum Revenue Provision Strategy
The Commissioner has decided to approve the Police Budget and Capital Plans for 2020/21 as attached to this Decision along with the Medium Term Financial Plans to 2023/24, and agrees to the allocation of resources set out within this decision and the associated appendices, and also the detailed recommendations contained within all of the attached papers.
Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner for North Yorkshire
Statutory Officer Advice
Legal, Management and Equality Implications
The Commissioner’s Chief Executive and Monitoring Officer has advised that, having read this Decision Notice and having considered such information as has been provided at the time of being asked to express this view, he is satisfied that this DN does not ask the Commissioner to make a decision which would (or would be likely to) give rise to a contravention of the law.
Financial and Commercial
The Commissioner’s Chief Finance Officer and S151 Officer has recommended that the Commissioner approves the Budget and Capital Plans for 2020/21 as attached to this Decision along with the Medium Term Financial Plans to 2023/24.
- Dn 05-2020 2020-21 Police Budget, Medium Term Financial Plan and Associated Papers
- 2020-21 Treasury Management, Prudential Indicators, Investment Strategy and Capital Strategy – Police
- Medium Term Financial Plan 2020-21 to 2023-24 and Capital Plans 2020-21 to 2023-24 – Policing
- Minimum Revenue Provision 2020-21 – Policing
- Published on