DN 12/2020 Fire and Rescue Service Pay Policy Statement 2020-21
The Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner (Fire and Rescue Authority) approves the annual pay policy statement prepared for the purposes of section 38 of the Localism Act 2011 (pay policy statements)(d)’.
Sections 38 to 43 of the Localism Act 2011 require relevant authorities to prepare a pay policy statement for each financial year and requires them to set out its policies for the coming financial year relating to:
- The remuneration of its chief officers;
- The remuneration of its lowest paid employees; and
- The relationship between the remuneration of its chief officers and the remuneration of its employees who are not chief officers.
The statement must also include policies relating to:
- The level and elements of remuneration for each chief officer;
- Remuneration of chief officers on recruitment;
- Increases in addition to remuneration for each chief officer;
- The use of performance related pay for chief officers;
- The use of bonuses for chief officers;
- The approach to the payments of chief officers on their ceasing to hold office or to be employed by the Authorities; and
- The publication of and access to information relating to the remuneration of chief officers.
The responsibility to produce a Pay Policy is delegated to the Chief Fire Officer, who has produced the document NYFRS Pay Policy statement 2020 – 21
The Commissioner has decided to approve the attached Pay Policy Statement for 2020/21.
Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner for North Yorkshire
Statutory Officer Advice
Legal, Management and Equality Implications
The Commissioner’s Interim Deputy Monitoring Officer on behalf of the Commissioner’s Monitoring Officer is content that the production of the statement by the Chief Fire Office reflects the scheme of delegation set out in the Corporate Governance Framework.
Having read this Decision Notice and having considered such information as has been provided at the time of being asked to express this view, the Interim Deputy Monitoring Officer on behalf of the Commissioner’s Monitoring Officer is satisfied that this Decision Notice does not ask the Commissioner to make a decision which would (or would be likely to) give rise to a contravention of the law.
Financial and Commercial
The Commissioner’s Chief Finance Officer and S151 Officer has advised that the Pay Policy Statement reflects improved content to that produced for 2019/20. The ratios between highest pay levels and lowest have reduced significantly given the Commissioner’s decisions around the level of remuneration.
Fire and Rescue Service Pay Policy Statement
- Published on