Local Pension Board – Fire
From November 2018 the governance of North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Authority transferred to the North Yorkshire Police, Fire & Crime Commissioner, and the name of the Board is the “Local Pension Board” (“the Board”) and is now operated by North Yorkshire Police, Fire & Crime Commissioner, Fire and Rescue Authority (hereafter referred to as ‘the Authority’) as the Scheme Manager under the provisions of the Public Sector Pensions Act 2013 and The Firefighters’ Pension Scheme (Amendment)(Governance) Regulations 2015.
The Pension Board was established with effect from 1 April 2015 in accordance with statutory requirements set out in the Public Service Pensions Act 2013. Its purpose is to assist North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Authority in its role as a scheme manager of the Fire Fighters’ Pension Scheme. Such assistance is to:
- secure compliance with the Regulations, any other legislation relating to the governance and administration of the Scheme, and requirements imposed by the Pensions Regulator in relation to the Scheme; and
- ensure the effective and efficient governance and administration of the Scheme.
Pension Board Policy Documents
- Pension Board Terms of Reference updated July 2020
- Pension Board Code of Conduct including Conflicts of Interest Policy
- Pension Board Breach of Law Policy updated October 2019
- Pensions Risk Register updated December 2020
- Pension Board Training Register updated Dec 2020
- Annual Report of the Local Pension Board: 2020/21