26 May 2017 – 0122.2017-18 – All costs of all office holders of chief executive to the Commissioner 2016/17
Please provide the itemised costs (salary, expenses, benefits, taxes, legal expenses, insurance premiums and other costs) paid out in respect of all office holders of chief executive to the Commissioner during the 2016/2017 financial year. This should include costs in respect substantive, interim, acting, temporary post holders.
Extent and Result of Searches to Locate Information
To locate the information relevant to your request searches were conducted within the OPCC.
I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by the OPCC.
I have today decided to disclose the located information to you.
Section 21(1) of the Freedom of Information act exempts the provision of information where it is already reasonably accessible by other means. Please see the exemption head further in the letter for further detail.
• The salary of/ or payment agreements for the services of office holders of Chief Executive to the Commissioner during the 2016/2017 financial year can be found published here;
• The expenses of Chief Executive Officer’s during the 2016/2017 financial year can be found published here;
• Please find enclosed expenses relating to expenses of Chief Executive Officer Simon Dennis between 01 April 2016 and 31 July 2016.
• There are no legal expenses or insurance premium costs attributed to the chief executive to the Commissioner during the 2016/2017 financial year.
• Employee taxes are deducted in line with the law and are paid to HMRC.
In addition to what is already published, information will also be contained within the statement of accounts which will be published in the near future.
Section 21 – Information Reasonably Accessible by Other Means
Section 21 is an absolute class based exemption and I am not required to consider the harm or public interest when applying this exemption.
For ease, hyperlinks have been provided to the published information.
Pursuant to Section 17(1) of the Act this letter acts as a Refusal Notice in response to your request.
Please note that systems used for recording information are not generic, nor are the procedures used locally in capturing the data. It should be noted therefore that this force’s response to your questions should not be used for comparison purposes with any other responses you may receive.