Safety Camera Vans
Our Ref: 23 January 2020 – 128.2019-20
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUEST REFERENCE NO: 128.2019-20
I write in connection with your request for information which was received by the Office of the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner (OFPCC) on 30 April 2019. Please accept our apologies for the delay in providing you with a response. I note you seek access to the following information:
Please supply a copy of the Business Case or analogous documentation for:
- establishing the original policy with 6 vans and then expanding it to 12 and
- allowing community volunteers to use hand-held speed cameras and undertake delegated policing functions
Extent and Result of Searches to Locate Information
To locate the information relevant to your request searches were conducted within the OFPCC and I can confirm that the information you have requested is held.
I have today decided to disclose the located information to you.
- a) Information in relation to having Safety Camera Vans and their expansion can be found on the PFCC website, via the following links.
- Decision Notice 10-2016 Safety Camera Expansion
- b) Information in relation to Community Speed Watch (community volunteers) can also be found on the PFCC website, via the following link
I have therefore decided to exempt providing you with a separate response pursuant to Section 21 Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the Act).
Section 17 of the Act requires North Yorkshire Police, when refusing to provide such information (because the information is exempt) to provide you the applicant with a notice which: (a) states that fact, (b) specifies the exemption in question and (c) states (if that would not otherwise be apparent) why the exemption applies.
Section 21 – Information Reasonably Accessible by Other Means
Section 21 is an absolute class based exemption and I am not required to consider the harm or public interest when applying this exemption.
Pursuant to Section 17(1) of the Act this letter acts as a Refusal Notice in response to your request.
Please note that systems used for recording information are not generic, nor are the procedures used locally in capturing the data. It should be noted therefore that this force’s response to your questions should not be used for comparison purposes with any other responses you may receive.
Your attention is drawn to the attached sheet which details your right of complaint.
If you have any queries concerning this request, please contact me quoting the reference number above.