Join the conversation
North Yorkshire Community Messaging is a free community messaging system for North Yorkshire that allows you to register to receive the latest crime notifications and community news happening in your local neighbourhood.
You to decide when and how you are kept informed about the issues that matter to you.
Receive messages via: telephone, text, e-mail or by the location tracking app – You decide.
To maximise communication with the widest possible audience, in addition to this website we also use social media.
To follow / share / like and comment join us at:
To contribute, you need to ensure that you meet the requirements of the relevant social media channel, as an example
- Facebook: you’ll need to be aged 13+ and be a registered member of Facebook. Please see Facebook’s terms: https://www.facebook.com/policies
- Twitter: you’ll need to be aged 13+ and be a registered member of Twitter. Please see Twitter’s rules: https://twitter.com/rules
- Instagram: you’ll need to be aged 13+ and be a registered member of Instagram. Please see Instagram’s community guidelines:
By interacting with the Commissioner and the Office on social media you agree to abide by our simple ground rules and guidance:
- We are not accountable for the public comments posted and they are solely the expressions and opinions of the contributor and not those of the Commissioner or their Office.
- We request that users make their comments suitable for users of all ages.
- You should not link to, share or post any obscene, offensive or unlawful material, or any content that harasses or insults us, or members of our community.
- We retain the right to delete any abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic or inflammatory comments or any comments deemed to be inappropriate, and ban any users making such comments.
- We retain the right to ban any user who shows discord by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or to otherwise disrupt normal, on-topic discussion.
- You must not publicly share or post any personally identifiable information about yourself or someone else.
- If you want to discuss something sensitive with us involving you or someone else, please ring 01423 569 562 and speak to us or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We encourage you to be civil and polite with your comments and support the spirit of the community. If you think that you have seen a user breaking any of these rules you can alert us by calling 01423 569 562 or by e-mailing email@example.com
Any posts or comments that violate the above will be deleted.
We will endeavor to respond to your comments, however we can not commit to this due to the volume of comments that may be made.
We are not responsible for the advertising content on social media channels and do not choose which ads appear.
Whilst we endeavor to ensure that the information on our social media channels is correct, it is provided on an ‘as is’ basis, without warranties of any kind, and no warranty, express or implied, is given as to accuracy or completeness.
We do not accept any liability for any error or omission. We shall not be liable for any third party claims or losses of any nature including, but not limited to, loss of profits, direct, indirect, special or consequential damages arising from a third party’s use or inability to use this site.
The information on our social media channels does not constitute legal or other professional advice.
We accept no responsibility for the content on any website to which a hypertext link exists. The links are provided ‘as is’ with no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within them.