Volunteers play a vital role within the police service, local community and the Office of Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner.
Volunteering opportunities range from joining your local neighbourhood or rural watch scheme; manning the front counters at local police stations; serving on the Chief Constable and Commissioner’s Independent Audit Committee or taking on the hugely rewarding and responsible role of a Special Constable.
Ways to volunteer:
- The Commissioner’s Domestic Abuse and Rape Scrutiny Panel
- The Commissioner’s Independent Audit Committee – Fire
- The Commissioner’s Independent Custody Visitors
- The Commissioner’s Independent Audit Committee – Police
- The Commissioner’s Stop and search lay observer scheme
- The Commissioner’s Out of Court Disposal Scrutiny Panel
- The Commissioner’s Youth Commission on Police and Crime
- North Yorkshire On Call Firefighter
- North Yorkshire Special Constables
- Police support Volunteers