Do you have a question about drugs, or ‘County lines’ for the #NYPscrutiny meeting?
Viewers of the live webcast can ask the Board questions via Twitter during the meeting, by using #NYPscrutiny, or by asking them beforehand via Twitter or e-mail.
This month’s meeting focuses on drugs and County Lines in North Yorkshire
A typical county lines scenario is defined by the following components:
- a. A group (not necessarily affiliated as a gang) establishes a network between an urban hub and county location, into which drugs (primarily heroin and crack cocaine) are supplied.
- b. A branded mobile phone line is established in the market, to which orders are placed by introduced customers. The line will commonly (but not exclusively) be controlled by a third party, remote from the market.
- c. The group exploits young or vulnerable persons, to achieve the storage and/or supply of drugs, movement of cash proceeds and to secure the use of dwellings (commonly referred to as cuckooing).
- d. The group or individuals exploited by them regularly travel between the urban hub and the county market, to replenish stock and deliver cash.
- e. The group is inclined to use intimidation, violence and weapons, including knives, corrosives and firearms.
Ask a question
The full procedure for asking questions at this meeting is available here: Procedure for public questions
- To ask a question in advance
Send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org before midday on Friday 22 June, please include your name and address with your question.
- To ask a question during the meeting using Twitter
To ask a question during the live broadcast, post your question on Twitter using #NYPscrutiny
|Minutes of previous meeting
|To discuss and agree the draft minutes of the previous meeting held on 22 May 2018 and to discuss the action log.
|Questions from the public
|To address questions raised by the public in advance in relation to the agenda
|Main presentation and discussion.
|Performance / Updates / 101
|Performance and outcome updates – Improving customer service via 101 & 999
|Questions on Twitter
|To address questions raised by the public during the meeting in relation to the agenda
|PCC / CC
|Any other business
|Date of Next Meeting
|24 July 2018 at 13:30hrs