Online Public Meeting
YOUR Commissioner scrutinising the performance of the police and fire service, on YOUR behalf.
The meeting is made up from members of the Executive Board, other Chief Officers and Heads of Department. It is supported by performance and change management / planning staff.
Each meeting will focus on:
- A look at latest performance data in areas of public interest and a report on complaints made against North Yorkshire Police or North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service.
- An in-depth discussion on a key theme of public concern identified in line with police and crime or fire and rescue priorities.
- An opportunity for Commissioner Zoë to raise issues that matter to the public for discussion with Chief Officers.
- An update on the progress made against the latest independent inspection by His Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire and Rescue Services to provide Commissioner Zoë and the public with evidence of improvements.
- A dedicated question and answer time for Commissioner Zoë to ask Chiefs and their senior leadership team the questions submitted by members of the public.
- 22 February 2024 14:30-16:00pm
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service –Workforce Planning
Meeting dates and topics
- 25 January 2024
North Yorkshire Police – Customer Contact
- 22 February 2024
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service – Workforce Planning
- 25 March 2024
North Yorkshire Police – Neighbourhood policing/Outcomes.
- 25 April 2024
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service – Resilience of NYFRS and support resilience of communities.
- 23 May 2024
North Yorkshire Police – Serious and organised crime.
- June 2024
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service – Prevent – how effective and efficient are the service in preventing fires and other emergencies?
- July 2024
North Yorkshire Police – Hidden crime
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue ServiceProtect
- Oct 2024
North Yorkshire Police – Rural and Wildlife Crime
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service Response
Ask your question
The full procedure for asking questions at this meeting is available here: Procedure for public questions
- Complete our online form
- To ask a question during the live broadcast, post your question on Twitter using #NYscrutiny