What happens after I have signed up?
On this page
The next steps
- When you have registered you will be contacted by J Tomlinson Ltd who will arrange for their engineers to visit your home. Their engineers will carry Identification and will arrive in a branded van, or a van featuring the details of the Protect Your Home Scheme. You can telephone J Tomlinson Ltd. on 01159574074 if you want to verify the engineer’s details.
- The engineers will complete a survey of your home to help them decide what security upgrades are needed.
- You will be asked to sign a disclaimer for the works to be carried out at your home.
- The engineers will install the security upgrades at no charge to you.
- You will be provided with any relevant warranties for the upgrades that have been fitted.
If you are NOT the home owner (rented properties) you will need to contact your landlord and ask them to complete a “LANDLORD AUTHORISATION” form and for them to return it to the Office of the North Yorkshire Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner by email firstname.lastname@example.org, before any work can be carried out.
When will I receive my security upgrade?
Please note that it may take up to 3 months for you to receive your home security upgrades. If there are any delays over 3 months, we will contact you to let you know.
How long have I got to register?
We will be fitting free home and farm security upgrades up to September 2023 and we will close registrations in July/August 2023.
Will everyone who registers receive a security upgrade?
A resident will receive a security upgrade if:
- They meet the eligibility criteria
- They sign the scheme documentation
- There are still funds available in the scheme to provide upgrades
The funding we have from the Home Office for the Protect Your Home Scheme is limited which means we can only pay for security upgrades to a certain number of properties and farms. The scheme is operated on a ‘first come first served basis’ and when we have spent all of our funding, we will not be able to complete any more security upgrades.