Coronavirus response – Update – 18 August 2020
North Yorkshire Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner Julia Mulligan will lead the live update and will be joined by:
- Chief Constable Lisa Winward – North Yorkshire Police
- Chief Fire Officer Andrew Brodie – North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Sharon Stoltz – Director of Public Health for York
- Richard Flinton – Chair of the North Yorkshire Local Resilience Forum (NYLRF)
- Assistant Chief Constable Mike Walker – North Yorkshire Police
Members of the public are invited to watch the meeting from 1.00pm on Tuesday on YouTube and submit questions in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, posting on Twitter using the hashtag #NYscrutiny or commenting on Facebook. Not all questions will be able to be used, but they will inform the Commissioner’s questioning and the general discussion.
Julia Mulligan has decided in these uncertain times that there should be a regular update on the Coronavirus response direct to residents and businesses, and this is the eighth of those broadcasts.
Previous meetings can be viewed on our website: https://www.northyorkshire-pfcc.gov.uk/coronavirus/cvupdate/
These updates are now in addition to the regular public accountability meetings which are an opportunity to ensure the police and fire service are performing as well as possible to keep North Yorkshire safe and feeling safe.
All are invited to find out more about the meeting and watch live at www.northyorkshire-pfcc.gov.uk
- Local Resilience Forum update – Richard Flinton
- Health update – Sharon Stoltz
- Policing update – Lisa Winward / Mike Walker
- Fire service update – Andrew Brodie
We can all help control the virus if we all STAY ALERT. This means you must:
- stay at home as much as possible
- work from home if you can
- limit contact with other people
- keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
- wash your hands regularly
Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms.
Watch live on YouTube: https://youtu.be/QOlnxXO4zX0
Watch live on the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner’s website: https://bit.ly/CV18Aug