Public accountability meeting – 23 March 2021
Due to a technical issue, the video quality of this meeting is poor, however the audio quality is good.
On this page
This month’s meeting focuses on:
- North Yorkshire Police – Rape and Serious Sexual Offences
Prosecution of rape and serious sexual offences has been receiving national attention recently, with many victims and members of the public concerned
about prosecution rates. North Yorkshire Police will provide assurance on what they are doing to support victims to cope and recover and, where possible,
achieve justice through the courts.
- North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service – Post Incident Support
To explore the type and extent of post incident support provided by our Fire and Rescue Service to ensure the welfare of victims and of their future safety.
Ask your question on this month’s hot topics
The full procedure for asking questions at this meeting is available here: Procedure for public questions
- To ask a question in advance
Send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org before the day of the meeting. Please include your name and address with your question.
- To ask a question during the meeting using Twitter
To ask a question during the live broadcast, post your question on Twitter using #NYscrutiny
- Not all questions may be able to be used, but they will inform the Commissioner’s questioning and the general discussion.
- Chair – Simon Dennis – Interim Chief Executive & Monitoring Officer, Office of the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner
- Lisa Winward – Chief Constable, North Yorkshire Police
- Andrew Brodie – Chief Fire Officer, North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Thomas Thorp – Interim Assistant Chief Executive & Deputy Monitoring Officer, Office of the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner
- Caroline Blackburn – Interim Assistant Chief Executive & Deputy Monitoring Officer, Office of the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner
Rape and Serious Sexual Offences presentation:
- Allan Harder – Detective Superintendent Safeguarding, North Yorkshire Police
- Mark Pannone – Assistant Chief Constable
Post Incident Support presentation:
- Phil Whild – Area Manager, Director of Capabilities
- Dave Winspear – Group Manager Prevention and Protection
- Jon Foster – Deputy Chief Fire Officer
|1||13:30||Attendance and introductions||Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner|
|2||13:32||Minutes of previous meeting and Actions||All|
|3||13:35||Public questions||Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner|
|4||13:40||Rape and Serious Sexual Offences||Police
|6||14:45||Post Incident Support||Fire|
|8||15:50||Public questions||Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner|
|9||15:55||Any other business||All|
|10||16:00||Next meeting 27 April||2021|
- 4. Rape and Serious Sexual Offences Presentation – Police
- 5. Performance Report Police – Operational & FCR Final – February 2021
- 6. Post Incident Support Presentation – Fire
- 7. NYFRS Performance Update – March 2021
- From Richard who lives in Helmsley
My wife and I, together with our adult daughter and her two dogs moved to N Yorks in 2019 from South Oxfordshire in order to enjoy living in a more relaxed part of the country.We recently participated in the survey relating to dog theft and I am writing to ask if the commissioner will be commenting on the results of that survey at tomorrows public briefing.Whilst we personally have not encountered any attempted theft, the threat is posing a real concern to us and quite frankly spoiling our attempts to settle in the area. We are forever mindful of having to keep a constant vigil on our dogs even whilst they are in our garden as we are passionately protective of them.I am a member of the Helmsley Mobile Rural Watch group (which has excellent support from the PCSO, s) and this keeps me abreast of some of this abhorrent activity within the locality.It appears that the deterrent for such crime is inadequate and I would welcome the commissioners proposals on how best we should move forward to a position where owning a dog can be enjoyed without compromise.
- YouTube : https://youtu.be/JzVb_CHftUo
- Commissioner’s website: http://bit.ly/PAM23March2021