Public accountability meeting – 26 June 2018 – Drugs
** Camera two will be added here once the meeting has started **
This month’s meeting focuses on drugs and County Lines in North Yorkshire
A typical county lines scenario is defined by the following components:
- a. A group (not necessarily affiliated as a gang) establishes a network between an urban hub and county location, into which drugs (primarily heroin and crack cocaine) are supplied.
- b. A branded mobile phone line is established in the market, to which orders are placed by introduced customers. The line will commonly (but not exclusively) be controlled by a third party, remote from the market.
- c. The group exploits young or vulnerable persons, to achieve the storage and/or supply of drugs, movement of cash proceeds and to secure the use of dwellings (commonly referred to as cuckooing).
- d. The group or individuals exploited by them regularly travel between the urban hub and the county market, to replenish stock and deliver cash.
- e. The group is inclined to use intimidation, violence and weapons, including knives, corrosives and firearms.
Ask a question
The full procedure for asking questions at this meeting is available here: Procedure for public questions
- To ask a question in advance
Send your question to email@example.com before midday on Friday 22 June, please include your name and address with your question.
- To ask a question during the meeting using Twitter
To ask a question during the live broadcast, post your question on Twitter using #NYPscrutiny
|No.||Time||Click to view||Purpose||Lead|
|2||13:35||Minutes of previous meeting||To discuss and agree the draft minutes of the previous meeting held on 22 May 2018 and to discuss the action log.||ALL|
|3||13:35||Questions from the public||To address questions raised by the public in advance in relation to the agenda||PCC|
|4||13:45||Drugs||Main presentation and discussion.||ACC Cain|
|5||15:30||Performance / Updates / 101||Performance and outcome updates – Improving customer service via 101 & 999||DCC|
|6||15:50||Questions on Twitter||To address questions raised by the public during the meeting in relation to the agenda||PCC / CC|
|7||15:55||Any other business||ALL|
|8||16:00||Date of Next Meeting||24 July 2018 at 13:30hrs|